Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sleep Deprieved Dynasty

My toddler, Adreana, controls our lives right now. And she is bound and determined to make it a dictatorship. Her way to power? Sleep. Yes, we don't get to sleep. It is a luxury we crave and she knows it. Occasionally, she will lure us into a false sense of peace with one or two nights of us getting a full night of it. Then, BOOM! she will spring her trap. Adreana will wake up around 2 am (usually in the middle of a great dream) and begin her torture. We will calm her, she will pretend to sleep for about ten minutes. This all part of the plan, you see because it allows us to fall back to sleep. Then, she will scream again and we jerk awake. This process goes on for HOURS. By the next day, we are so zombied she has total control. The CIA could learn from her. Waterboarding? Pansy stuff. Sleep is the key, my friends...slee..(yawn)

2 comments:

  1. sleep was the conversation with my children one day when they were younger.....I asked what they thought I did at night when they were sleeping...."dishes" was the reply.....my youngest is almost 11 and I swear I am still sleep deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i guess Mike was signed into my google account....that was really me Jolynn

    ReplyDelete