Thursday, December 31, 2009

Playroom Psychosis

You know, I am NOT going to add to this blog thing everyday--I promise! I am sure it will end up like all those prettily covered journals from Deseret Book conversing with the dust bunnies under the bed; started with gusto but ending up filled with entries like "Today nothing happened..again" and forgotten. So no worries this will be a daily thing.

Today was cleaning the playroom day. I dread this day. It is on the same level as was going to the family dentist as a kid when you knew that not only were you not flossing but had a couple cavities. Our playroom has a lot of nooks and crannies so you never know what lurks waiting for you to discover it. I have found: levels of rotting food from just getting a tinge of mold to a dried-up- can't-identify-it mass, loads of underwear (some of it even clean), bags containing random items like dried up worms or rainbow PlayDoh creations and once a sealed jar of fruit flies (still alive)! But mostly, I find broken crayons. My girls love to draw. LOVE to draw. In fact, once a year we bulk up on crayons (back to school time price:25 cents a box). You should see the cashier's expression when we bring up a cart full of over 50 boxes of crayons every September. She always asks, "Do you own a daycare or something?" No, but it sure feels like it. Sad thing is, 50 boxes will only last to Easter. But I am too embarrassed to buy more than that. Maybe I can order direct from Crayola next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment