Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring is a' Comin!

I have the most sure fire way of knowing spring is about to begin. And its is better than that silly groundhog shadow thing. Want to know my secret? Itchy feet. Not literally (I don't have a fungus or anything) but the symbolic kind. As everyone knows, I love new projects. I love planning them, thinking of ways to finish them and ways to convince Doug to let me start them. And this time of year, that excitement grows dramatically. My body has a built in timer that lets it know that winter is almost done and "PING!" spring will arrive any second so I have to be prepared for all the new projects to be done outside. I start sleeping less and daydreaming more. I begin to make sketches of my new ideas like the treehouse I want to build for the girls this summer or the new turkey coop I need to design. I start making random stops to Home Depot to check out prices. And Doug starts getting nervous. Crazy? Ya. But it makes February bearable as I watch spring slowly wake up outside. It is a' comin.. my feet are itching terribly this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment